Chile's Wine Regions Part 2

Chile's Wine Regions Part 2

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Foreign Affair Winery

I've had the pleasure to visit the winery and sample many of its wines. This winery uses a method of production that is not common in Canada, it is the appassimento method, which includes grape drying. Some wines are 100% appassimento while others include a smaller percentage . I've found that this method adds a complexity to the wine. Some wines from Foreign Affair have recently become available to the Manitoban market and include: Merlot, Riesling and Sauvignon Blanc. The winery has a great website, The Foreign Affair Winery, and technical tasting notes are available there. This is a relatively new winery in the Niagara region and if you're travelling in the area its a must visit in my books. I hope you enjoy the wines as much as I have...

No comments:

Post a Comment